TOMCO retail construction, a Certified Woman Owned Small Business, was created in 2015 by Anne Sauber, Tom Motschull and Jennifer Erickson with a mission to change the status quo of retail general contracting and three core values emerged.
- Nurturing partnerships for long-lasting client relationships.
- Achieving project success through the advancement of all team members.
- Conducting business in a fair but fiscally sound way with a commitment to give back.
This model has been successful. Since it’s inception in 2015, TOMCO has consistently doubled revenues year over year through referral-only business.
Key TOMCO milestones include:
- 2015: Went “live” for business with Gap, Inc., Men’s Wearhouse and Daltile as original business partners.
- 2016: Executed remodels, programs, rollouts and completed first new store build-outs.
- 2017: Completed hundreds of remodels between 5 national retail clients.
- 2018: Completed close to 1,000 projects nationwide, doubled office space and team members.
- 2019: Added Construction Project Management to list of services and expanded safety program, receiving a Certificate of Safety Achievement from Texas Mutual.
- 2020: TOMCO and Jennifer are OSHA and ICC certified, achieving licensing in 14 of the 22 state where they are required, with passing tests in 4 of the remaining 8, expanding TOMCO’s reach to 42 states. This makes TOMCO proud that Jennifer is potentially the top woman license holder in the country and TOMCO the furthest reaching woman owned national general contractor in the country.
TOMCO’s strength has always been in it’s relationships with it’s clients, business partners, subcontractors and team. Through our employee nominated, quarterly charity program, TOMCO has donated to 20 amazing organizations and the TOMCO team has participated in countless community events and programs, including food drives and animal shelter donations. 2020 has been a challenging year worldwide and TOMCO is incredibly humbled to hit this milestone anniversary.
Thank you for your continued support. TOMCO looks forward to many more years of continued success and incredibly executed projects!
-The TOMCO Team